If there’s one thing that’s a pretty common fact, it’s that Pennsylvania craft beer can be overwhelming. With hundreds of breweries across the state and countless new ones popping up, it can be difficult sometimes to know where to start. So if you are looking to get the most of exploring some of the best PA beer has to offer, let us recommend City Brew Tours.
City Brew Tours, founded in 2008, is a way to explore a cities beer scene like no other. As they say on their website, they’ve “curated the ultimate beer experience that educates guests about the ingredients in beer, brewing process, exploring new styles and introducing them to the craft brewing community in a city, without having to worry about the driving.” (That driving thing is kind of important when it comes to spending a day exploring beer).
And whether you live in Philadelphia or Pittsburgh, there is a tour for you!
Philadelphia tours can be scheduled during the weekend or weekdays. And depending on the kind of tour you schedule you will have access to as many as 16 beer styles and food along the way! Regardless of the Philly tour you schedule, your group can expect the following:
• The CBT expert beer guides will teach you how beer is made through exclusive production tours at multiple size breweries.
• Taste a variety of beer as you immerse yourself in the culture & history of each brewery through an interactive guided tasting.
• Discuss food and beer pairing techniques over an included beer-centric lunch.
• Learn the amazing history of beer in Philadelphia and the world!
The Philly City Brew Tours offer visits to the following local breweries:
|• Yards Brewing Co||• Flying Fish Brewing Co||• Double Nickel Brewing|
|• Dock Street Brewery||• Lunacy Brewing||• Red Brick Distillery|
|• 2nd Story Brewing Co||• Saint Benjamin Brewing||• Evil Genius Beer|
|• Fshtown Brewpub||• Brauhaus Schmitz||• Eclipse Brewing|
There are three different Philly tours, available 7 days a week. Perfect for a change of scene for an after work happy hour or a weekend of fun.
Pittsburgh tours can be scheduled Wednesday through Sunday with two different tour options. Both tours make four stops over a five hour period and offer a food pairing for each. Regardless of the Pittsburgh tour you schedule, your group can expect the following:
• Skip the lines as they give you an insiders look into the Steel City’s craft beer scene and teach you how beer is made through exclusive production tours.
• Taste up to 16 varieties of beer, as you immerse yourself in the culture & history of each brewery through an interactive guided tasting.
• Discover the possibilities of beer in the kitchen, as they discuss food and beer pairing techniques over an included beer-centric lunch.
• All tours include VIP beer pass w/ tasting note cards.
The Pittsburgh City Brew Tours offer visits to the following local breweries:
|• Spoonwood Brewing||• Draai Laag Brewing||• Grist House|
|• Penn Brewery||• Couch Brewery||• Aurochs Brewing|
|• Mindful Brewing||• Cobblehaus Brewing||• Hop Farm Brewing|
|• 11th Hour Brewing||• Allegheny City Brewing|
Tours are available Wednesday through Sunday. Perfect for a change of scene for an after work happy hour or a weekend of fun.
Think this would be a fun event for a group of friends? Private tours are available for groups and special occasions of all sizes in both cities. Learn more about that here.
With the holiday seasons right around the corner, now is a perfect time to buy a tour as a gift. Click below to start booking now!